The Thomas More men’s soccer team earned a road victory tonight (Wednesday, September 12, 2018) as it defeated Anderson University, 3-1, at Macholtz Stadium in Anderson, Indiana.
HOW THEY SCORED:
- Senior midfielder Suli Kayed (Slagelse, DK/Ryle (Ky.)) gave the Saints a 1-0 lead in the 20th minute when he scored off an assist by Mark McAulay (London, ENGLAND/Tauton).
- In the 25th minute junior forward Ethan Smith (Columbus, Ind./Columbus North) scored off a Kayed cross to extend the lead to 2-0.
- Thomas More increased the lead to 3-0 at halftime when Smith found the back of the net off a McAuley assist in the 35th minute.
- Anderson cut the lead to 3-1 in the 62nd minute when Sean Cain scored off a Race Williams assist.
- Thomas More extended its winning streak to three matches and improved to 4-1-1.
- The Ravens fall to 3-2-1.
- The Saints out-shot Anderson 22-12 including 13-4 on-goal.
- Senior goalkeeper Jeff Paulin (Alexandria, Ky./Bishop Brossart) earned the win as he played 71:20 in goal and recorded three saves.
- First-year goalkeeper Zach Combs (Covington, Ky./Holy Cross) played the final 18:40 in goal and only faced two shots.
- Smith led the team in shots with seven, including five on-goal.
- Kayed took three shots, including two on-goal.
- Sophomore defender Pierce Turner (Milford, Ohio/Milford) took three shots, including one on-goal.
- Thomas More returns home on Saturday (September 15) when it hosts eighth-ranked Kenyon College at 4 p.m. at BB&T Field in Crestview Hills, Kentucky.
Director of Athletic Communications and Compliance
Thomas More College