The Thomas More University women’s soccer team extended its winning streak to three matches tonight (Wednesday, October 10, 2018) as it defeated Wittenberg, 1-0, in Springfield, Ohio.
HOW THEY SCORED:
- Sophomore forward Hannah Dargo (Maineville, Ohio/Kings) scored the lone goal of the match in the 73rd minute to give the Saints a 1-0 win.
- Thomas More improves to 4-10.
- Wittenberg falls to 3-7-2.
- Junior goalkeeper Maddy Kim (California, Ky./Notre Dame Academy) earned the shutout win as she played all 90 minutes and recorded four saves.
- Thomas More and Wittenberg were tied 9-9 in shots, but the Saints had a 5-4 advantage in shots on-goal.
- Junior midfielder Olivia Nienaber (Alexandria, Ky./Bishop Brossart) led the team in shots with four, including two on-goal.
- Thomas More returns to the pitch on Saturday (October 13) when it travels to Georgetown, Kentucky to play future Mid-South Conference foe Georgetown College at 7 p.m.
Assistant Athletic Director – Compliance and Communication
Thomas More University