The second round of Xavier’s Musketeers Classic was halted Monday evening, but the Northern Kentucky men’s golf team finds itself in 4th-place on the team leaderboard and sophomore Jacob Vrolijk is tied for 4th, individually.
· Following the first round of competition, the Norse were tied for fifth.
· When play was stopped for the day, NKU had climbed up into fourth. Depending on the player, 14 of 15 holes have already been counted from NKU’s second round, tied for the most out of any of the other top-nine teams in the field.
· Butler is currently one shot ahead of NKU and Oakland is three shots back.
· Ohio State tops the standings at 1-under.
· With three holes left in his second round, Vrolijk is tied-4th at even par. He opened the day with a 1-over 72 and is currently 1-under in round two.
· Jacob Poore, Logan Gamm and Avery Green are all tied for 21st. The trio is each 5-over par.
4. Northern Kentucky – 293
t4. Jacob Vrolijk – 72
t21. Logan Gamm – 73
t21. Jacob Poore – 74
t21. Avery Green – 74
t41. Alex Doss – 75*
t41. Ty DeBonis – 77
t54. Joseph Clark – 79*
t77. Brady Howell – 79*
* Competing as Individual
**Rankings take into account partial second-round scores.
The second round of the Musketeers Classic is set to resume at 9 a.m. Tuesday.
Assistant Athletic Director
Communications and Media Services
Northern Kentucky University