Eastern Kentucky University will welcome Eastern Illinois University to Richmond for an Ohio Valley Conference football match-up this weekend. Saturday is Faculty/Staff Appreciation Day at the game.
All EKU faculty and staff can receive two free tickets. Additional tickets for their guests can be purchased for $7.
Saturday is also Breast Cancer Awareness Day at the game. Breast cancer survivors will receive free admission and their family members can purchase tickets at the discounted rate of $7. The Colonels will wear a pink, breast cancer awareness logo on their helmets.
Also, as part of the Kids Day promotion at EKU, children 12 and under will receive free admission with the purchase of an adult ticket.
The contest at Roy Kidd Stadium is scheduled to begin at 1:05 p.m.
The game will air live on ESPN+. The live radio broadcast of the game is available in the Richmond area on WCYO 100.7 FM, and can be heard worldwide on EKUSports.com.
INSIDE THE SERIES
– EKU leads the all-time series 13-12.
– Last year Eastern Illinois won 23-20 in OT.
– The Colonels are 6-5 against the Panthers in Richmond.
– The Colonels (3-4, 2-2 OVC) lost to in-state rival Murray State last Saturday.
– EKU ranks second in the conference in total defense.
– The rush offense continues its strong season as it ranks third in the conference with 227.4 yards per game.
– Daryl McCleskey stands second in the conference in rushing yards and rushing yards per game.
– Aaron Patrick is second in the conference in sacks.
– EKUs defense ranks first in the conference with 19 takeaways on the year.
SCOUTING THE OPPONENT
– Eastern Illinois (2-6, 2-3 OVC) defeated Tennessee-Martin, 24-21, in overtime on Saturday.
– EIU has scored 40 or more points in four games this season, but has allowed 40 or more in six of its eight games.
– The Panthers offense is averaging 436.4 yards per game.
– The offense is fueled by the quarterback duo of Johnathan Brantley and Harry Woodbery. Brantley has completed 67 percent of his passes for 1,553 yards (222/game). Most impressively, he has thrown 12 touchdown passes and does not have an interception in 230 attempts this season. Woodbery has thrown for 1,027 yards (128/game) and has a 10-to-4 touchdown-to-interception ratio.
– EIU allows 226.8 yard per game on the ground.
– Defensive back Bryce Dewberry was named OVC Co-Newcomer of the Week after his seven tackles and one interception that he returned for a touchdown.
– Joe Caputo leads the way for the Panther defense with 67 total tackles on the year.
GAME DAY EXPERIENCE
Game Day Timeline
9 a.m. – all tailgate lots open, including EKU Student and Greek Life Tailgating Lot, sponsored by Apollo
10 a.m. – Family Fun Fan Zone opens
10:45 a.m. – Colonel Walk
The ticket booths at Roy Kidd Stadium will open at 11:30 a.m. Tickets are always available online at EKUSports.com.
EKU Football Parking Information
Whether you are a proud member of the EKU athletics family or a fan of the opposition, we strive to provide you an enjoyable experience during your visit to Eastern Kentucky University. The following parking and tailgating regulations below are intended to ensure your safety and comfort. Please keep sidewalks and driveways clear of obstructions, respect our campus grounds and please follow the directives of our parking attendants and game day staff.
EKU Football Parking Lot Locations
• There are numerous and convenient parking options for all fans on game day at Roy Kidd Stadium.
• Colonel Club Lot – Located in the Alumni Coliseum Lower and Upper lots across the street from Roy Kidd Stadium, Colonel Club season ticket members have exclusive access to both of these lots with their valid Colonel Club parking pass.
Parking is on a first come, first serve basis. Additional parking spaces cannot be saved. Parking passes must be displayed in vehicles at all times. Colonel Club members who wish to tailgate in the Lower AC lot are restricted to the area around their vehicle. Do not block driveways or impede traffic. Colonel Club members who wish to tailgate and require more space than allowed in the Lower AC lot are encouraged to access the Upper AC lot.
The Upper and Lower AC lots will open for unloading the Friday before game day from 6:00 – 9:00 p.m. Both lots will open on game day four (4) hours prior to kickoff.
• RV Zone – The RV Zone is designed to provide EKU football fans a unique and unforgettable tailgating experience. Located in the Lower AC lot and steps away from Roy Kidd Stadium, the RV Zone is available for both single game and full season passes. Single game passes start at $50 per game, which include two (2) general admission tickets for the game. Full season passes are available for $200 and includes two (2) general admission tickets for each home game. The RV Zone will open at 6 p.m. the Friday before game day and will close at 3:00 p.m. the Sunday following game day. Reservations for the RV Zone are required at least three (3) days in advance and your space may be reserved by calling (859) 622-2046.
• EKU Student & Greek Life Tailgating Lot, sponsored by Apollo Pizza – EKU student and Greek life parking will be located at the Fitness and Wellness Center parking lot. The EKU Student and Greek Life Tailgating Lot, sponsored by Apollo Pizza will open at 9 a.m. on game day (Oct. 27).
• General Parking – EKU provides general parking free of charge for the following parking lots located on campus: Brockton, Hanlon, Dizney, Commonwealth, Alumni Coliseum back lots or in parking lots across the EKU bypass. All general parking lots will open on game day at 9 a.m.
• Media Parking – Credentialed media members should park at the Greg Adams Tennis Center parking lot located across the EKU bypass.
EKU Football Parking Regulations
• Parking is permitted only in designated spaces. Parking on islands, medians or berms is prohibited.
• Parking spaces are available on a first come, first serve basis and cannot be saved.
• Tailgating is only allowed in areas where the flow of traffic is not obstructed.
• No sale of food, beverages or novelties are permissible without proper permit.
• No open flames other than gas grills.
• Waste food items and trash must be disposed of in appropriate containers, which are provided throughout the grounds.
• No personal motorized carts are allowed.
• Only small weighted (12’x12’ maximum) tents may be used, no staking is allowed.
• Music should be confined to your tailgate area.
• Protect your belongings, EKU will not assume responsibility for lost or stolen items.
Attend The Game – While we encourage the fun and comradery that tailgating produces, please be cognizant that a football game is being played at Roy Kidd Stadium. Our student-athletes need you in the stands! Please show respect for our EKU student-athletes by attending the game.
For additional information or questions, please call (859) 622-2122.
Upper Deck Seating
The upper deck at Roy Kidd Stadium will be closed this year due to safety concerns.
Student seating is located in sections J, K, L. Students may also sit on the hill in the north end zone. Students can enter the stadium through Gate 1 or Gate 6. Students need their official school ID out and ready to be allowed admittance to the game.
EKU’s Touchdown Terrace with beer sales will be open for Saturday’s game. Please note the following information:
• Will open at 12 p.m.
• The new location this year is on the east side of the stadium at the 50 yard line
• Open only to fans 21 years and older.
• Beer will only be available for purchase inside the Touchdown Terrace.
• Fans will be limited to two beverages per transaction and will not be permitted to leave the enclosed area with their purchase.
• Cash and credit cards accepted
• All beer sales will end at the conclusion of the third quarter.
ADA Accessible Ticket Information
• The ADA accessible seating area at Roy Kidd Stadium in Section J, N, and R of the east side of the stadium.
• Patrons must purchase a general admission ticket to watch the game from this area.
• Patrons are welcome to have a companion sit with them in the area. Folding chairs are provided for any guests that need them.
• The ADA accessible restrooms are located on the concourse of the east side of the stadium. The Moberly building also provides accessible restrooms.
• ADA accessible parking is available in the Moberly Lot past the Stadium off Roy and Sue Kidd Way on the right from the Bypass.
The main accessible gate (Moberly Gate) is between the Moberly building and the Fitness & Wellness Center.
Assistant Athletics Director for Communications & Branding