The seventh-ranked and top-seeded Thomas More University women’s volleyball team won the American Collegiate Athletic Association (ACAA) Championship today (Sunday, November 4, 2018) with a 3-0 win over second-seeded Finlandia University in Delhi, New York.
- Thomas More won the match by the scores of 25-11, 25-14 and 25-19.
- The Saints improve to 31-3.
- The Lions fall to 9-23.
- Junior middle hitter Jenna Mummert (Batavia, Ohio/Clermont Northeastern) was named tournament Most Valuable Player.
- Junior outside hitter Madison Krumpelman (Crestview Hills, Ky./Holy Cross) and sophomore defensive specialist Jessica Ginn (Cincinnati, Ohio/Seton) were named to the all-tournament team along with Mummert.
- Mummert hit .600 with eight kills and a block.
- Krumpelman hit .296 with 10 kills and a block.
- Ginn led the defense with 23 digs to go with a match-high five service aces.
- Senior setter Jenna Fessler (Fort Mitchell, Ky./Beechwood) paced the offense with 28 assists.
- First-year middle hitter Julia Popova (Sofia, Bulgaria/Beechwood (Ky.)) had 10 kills.
- Thomas More looks to receive an at-large bid into next week’s NCAA Division III Championship tournament when the field is announced.
- The NCAA Division III Championship committee will announce the 64-team field and next week’s eight regional locations on Monday (November 4) at 12:30 p.m. with a selection show atwww.ncaa.com.
Assistant Athletic Director – Compliance and Communication
Thomas More University