The Northern Kentucky University baseball team picked up a 9-6 win over Miami-Hamilton on Thursday. NKU improves to 6-21 on the year, while the Harriers fall to 11-18.
AT THE PLATE
- Griffin Kain went 3-for-4 with a home run, four RBI, and two runs scored.
- Noah Fisher was 2-for-3 with two runs scored.
- Jake Murray batted 2-for-5 with an RBI.
- Will Haueter went 1-for-2 with two RBI. He also drew two walks.
- Sam Hedges was 1-for-4 with an RBI and two runs scored.
ON THE MOUND
- Proctor Mercer (W, 1-2) got the start and earned his first collegiate win. He pitched six innings, allowing three runs on seven hits and three walks. He also struck out five batters.
- Tyler Murphy threw two innings, allowing two runs (one earned) on two hits and a walk.
- Gunnar Barnard pitched the ninth inning. He allowed an unearned run and gave up a hit.
- Miami-Hamilton took a 3-0 lead in the top of the first. Zach Holliday hit a two-run double, and Adam DeLaet added an RBI groundout to score Daulton Miller.
- Kain hit a two-run homer for the Norse in the bottom of the first to make the score 3-2.
- NKU crossed the plate five times in the bottom of the second to go ahead 7-3. With the bases loaded, Hedges and Kain drew back-to-back walks to bring home Fisher and Shane Paradis, respectively. In the next at-bat, Haueter hit a sacrifice fly to score Cole Heavilin. Doersching followed with a sacrifice fly of his own to bring home Hedges. Murray then hit an RBI single, allowing Kain to score.
- The Norse added two runs in the third to extend the lead to 9-3. With the bases loaded, Kain hit an RBI single to left field to bring home Fisher. In the next at-bat, Haueter walked to score Paradis.
- The Harriers added a run in the seventh, eighth and ninth innings. Holliday hit an RBI single to score Tyler Thamann in the seventh. Spencer Henn scored in the eighth inning on a double play ball, and John Schultz scored in the ninth inning on an RBI single by DeLaet to make the score 9-6.
- Each team committed an error.
- Miami-Hamilton had a slight advantage in hits, 10-9.
- Fisher recorded his ninth multi-hit game of the season, which leads the team.
- Kain’s home run was the first of his career.
- NKU hosts Wright State this weekend in Horizon League action. The series begins on Friday at 3 p.m., and all of the games will be broadcast on ESPN+.
Northern Kentucky University
Athletic Communications Graduate Assistant