Kentucky’s 38 wins on the season are the most since the 2012 team won a school-record 45. It’s also the sixth most in school history.
o 38 wins are the most for a first-year Kentucky head coach, nine more than Keith Madison in 1979.
· UK’s 19 SEC wins are the second most in school history, just one shy of the 2006 team’s 20 victories in league play.
o 19 wins are the most SEC wins for a first-year Kentucky head coach, six more than Madison (1979).
· The Cats are 17-12 vs. ranked foes this year.
o The 17 wins are the second most vs. ranked teams in a single-season.
· UK is 4-4 vs. Top 10 opponents.
· Kentucky has gone 75 games without being shutout, the seventh-longest such streak in school history.
· Spent the final month of the season as a consensus Top 10 after not entering the rankings until Week 5.
· Kentucky’s offense entered the final weekend leading the SEC in nine major categories.
· Had an .839 winning percentage at Cliff Hagan Stadium this season, the second highest winning percentage in a single season in home games at Cliff Hagan Stadium in school history (.853, 2012).
· Sweep of No. 23 UC Santa Barbara was:
o First sweep over a ranked opponent since the Wildcats swept No. 2 South Carolina on March 16-18, 2012.
o Believed to be first sweep of a ranked non-conference foe.
· Defeated No. 2 Louisville.
· Completed only the second non-conference home schedule in school history.
· First 4-0 start on road in SEC play since 1949.
· Best finish (3rd) since 2006 championship club
Sweep at No. 11 Texas A&M was…
· First sweep of a ranked SEC foe in five years.
· First sweep of a true road series since knocking off Tennessee in 2008.
· First road series victory over a ranked SEC foe since April 2015 at No. 5 Florida.
· Texas A&M came into the series owners of an 80-15 record at Blue Bell Park since the beginning of the 2015 season.
Series win over No. 11 Ole Miss…
· Ended an 8-game losing streak to Ole Miss dating to 2013.
· First series win over Ole Miss since 2013.
Series win over No. 22 Vanderbilt was…
· First series win over Vanderbilt since 2009 in Lexington.
· 7-1 start in SEC play is best since the 1992 team began league play 7-1 on its way to an 8-1 mark through the first three weeks of conference play.
Series win at No. 21 South Carolina…
· First win in Founders Park (0-9 previously)
· Ended an 11-game losing streak at South Carolina dating to 2008.
· Had been 2-22 at South Carolina since 2001.
· Kentucky’s 19-1 win on 4/28 is:
o Largest ever margin of victory for UK in SEC play.
o The worst home loss for South Carolina at Founders Park (opened in 2009).
o The worst loss for South Carolina overall since 1997
o Most runs scored for UK in SEC game since 2009 (at Miss. State, 22)
Assistant Media Relations Director