The Northern Kentucky University women’s basketball team fell to Belmont on Wednesday evening by a final score of 71-53. The Bruins improve to 4-1 on the year, while NKU drops to 1-3.
- Molly Glick, Kennedy Archer, and Emmy Souder each scored nine points in the contest.
- Grayson Rose just missed out on a double-double with eight points and 10 rebounds.
- Kailey Coffey tallied seven points, five rebounds and a pair of blocks.
- Taylor Clos added six points, five assists and three rebounds.
FIRST HALF SUMMARY
- The Norse took a 16-14 lead after the first quarter, which featured two ties and four lead changes.
- Archer went 2-of-2 from behind the arc in the period to lead all scorers with six points.
- NKU held Belmont to 5-of-15 (33.3 percent) shooting in the quarter, including 0-of-4 on 3-pointers.
- The Norse shot 6-of-15 (40 percent) on field goals and 4-of-7 (57.1 percent) on 3-point attempts.
- A 3-pointer by Rose gave NKU a 19-14 lead early in the second quarter, but Belmont went on a 14-0 run to go ahead 28-19.
- The Bruins took a 41-22 lead into halftime.
SECOND HALF SUMMARY
- Belmont held onto its lead by outscoring the Norse in the third quarter, 18-12.
- The Norse outscored Belmont 19-12 in the fourth quarter. NKU shot 7-of-13 (53.8 percent) in the period, including 4-of-7 (57.1 percent) from behind the arc.
- NKU held the Bruins to just 5-of-17 (29.4 percent) shooting in the final quarter.
- Belmont shot 29-of-67 (43.3 percent) on field goals and 8-of-26 (30.8 percent) on 3-point attempts in the game.
- NKU went 19-of-59 (32.2 percent) from the floor and 10-of-31 (32.3 percent) on shots from behind the arc.
- The Bruins held a slight edge on the boards, outrebounding the Norse 42-39. Belmont outscored the Norse in the paint, 36-18, and poured in 23 points off turnovers compared to 13 for the Norse.
- Both Glick and Archer made three triples, while Rose and Souder added two each.
- NKU will travel to Austin Peay on Monday Nov. 26. Tipoff is scheduled for 8 p.m. ET/7 p.m. CT, and the game will be broadcast on ESPN+.
Assistant Athletic Communications Director
Northern Kentucky University