The Eastern Kentucky University men’s basketball team will continue its OVC road trip at Tennessee Tech on Saturday night. Tipoff from the Eblen Center is scheduled for 7:00 p.m. ET.
The game will be televised nationally on CBS Sports Network.
WHAT TO KNOW
– EKU (6-8, 0-1 OVC) fell at Jacksonville State, 76-58, on Thursday night in its OVC opener. Senior Zach Charles led the Colonels with a season-high 13 points in the loss.
– Senior Dillon Avare knocked down a team-best three three-pointers at JSU. Avare is shooting 51.7% (15-of-29) from deep over EKU’s last six games.
– Freshman JacQuess Hobbs dropped five more assists at JSU on Thursday. He is now averaging 6.5 assists-per-game over EKU’s last four games. On the season, he is averaging 4.5 assists-per-game to go along with a 3.0 assist/turnover ratio (36 assists / 12 turnovers).
– Sophomore DeAndre Dishman went 3-of-4 from the floor and finished with 11 points at Jacksonville State. Dishman currently ranks second in the OVC in field goal percentage (59.3%).
– EKU has now won the turnover battle in its last four games. The Colonels have forced their last two opponents into a combined 39 turnovers.
SCOUTING THE OPPONENT
– Tennessee Tech (9-5, 1-0 OVC) edged Morehead State, 69-67, on Thursday night in Cookeville.
– The Golden Eagles are led by Aleksa Jugovic, who comes in averaging 13.4 points-per-game.
– This will be the 135th all-time meeting between EKU and TTU. The Colonels lead the series, 74-60, and won both matchups over the Golden Eagles last season.
EKU returns home to host SIUE and Eastern Illinois next weekend at McBrayer Arena.
— www.EKUSports.com —
Associate Director of EKUSports Communications