The Eastern Kentucky University men’s basketball team will host SIUE in its first Ohio Valley Conference home game of the season on Thursdsay night. Tipoff from McBrayer Arena is scheduled for 8:00 p.m. ET.
WHAT TO KNOW
– EKU (6-9, 0-2 OVC) dropped a pair of OVC road games at Jacksonville State and Tennessee Tech last week.
– Junior Nick Mayo poured in a season-high 26 points at Tennessee Tech on Saturday in Cookeville. Mayo is averaging nearly 23.0 points-per-game in his career vs. Tech.
– Mayo passed Justin Stommes to reach No. 17 on EKU’s all-time scoring list on Saturday (1,282 points). Next up on the list: EKU Hall-of-Famer Michael Haney (1,289) and Eric Stutz (1,338).
– Sophomore Dujuanta Weaver played a career-high 35 minutes and scored a career-high eight points at TTU. He also dished out a season-best eight assists to go along with only one turnover.
– Sophomore DeAndre Dishman recorded his second double-double of the season at Tennessee Tech (12 points, 11 rebounds). He also posted career highs in blocks (three) and steals (three).
– EKU has now won the turnover battle in its last five games. The Colonels have forced their last three opponents into a combined 57 turnovers.
SCOUTING THE OPPONENT
– SIUE (4-9, 0-2 OVC) dropped road games at Austin Peay and Murray State last week.
– Jalen Henry paces the Cougars at 16.0 points-per-game and 8.2 rebounds-per-game.
– This will be the 10th all-time meeting between EKU and SIUE. Eastern holds a narrow advantage in the series, 5-4. The Colonels defeated the Cougars, 78-61, last year in Richmond.
EKU stays at home to host Eastern Illinois on Saturday afternoon at 4:00 p.m. ET.
— www.EKUSports.com —
Associate Director of EKUSports Communications