The Eastern Kentucky University men’s basketball team will continue its home stand by hosting Southeast Missouri on Saturday night. Tip from McBrayer Arena is scheduled for 7 p.m. ET.
The game will air live on ESPN+. The live radio broadcast of the game is available in the Richmond area on WCYO 100.7 FM, and can be heard worldwide on EKUSports.com.
WHAT TO KNOW
– Senior Nick Mayo enters Saturday just three points shy of 2,000 for his career. He would be the first EKU player and only the 18th OVC player ever to reach that milestone.
– Junior Dujuanta Weaver knocked down a career-high six three-pointers and matched a career-high with 18 points in Thursday’s win over UT Martin. Weaver ranks second in the OVC in three-pointers/game (3.1).
– Freshman Houston King made his first career start on Thursday vs. UT Martin and responded with 16 points on 4-of-6 shooting from deep. King ranks second in the OVC in three-point field goal percentage (46.2%).
– EKU leads the OVC and ranks 10th in the country in scoring offense (85.9 points-per-game).
– EKU ranks third in the country in steals/game (10.9), fourth in turnovers forced/game (19.6) and 10th in turnover margin (+4.6). The Colonels lead the OVC in all three categories.
SCOUTING THE OPPONENT
– Southeast Missouri (6-12, 1-4 OVC) has lost three straight games, including a 73-69 loss at Morehead State on Thursday night.
– Skyler Hogan and Ledarrius Brewer are both averaging 12.7 points-per-game for the Redhawks.
– This will be the 52nd all-time meeting between EKU and Southeast Missouri. Eastern leads the series, 31-20. The Colonels swept the series with the Redhawks last season.
EKU will play Jacksonville State in Berea next Thursday, Jan. 24.
— www.EKUSports.com ––
Associate Director of EKUSports Communications