Northern Kentucky men’s tennis fell in a 6-1 decision to Air Force on Friday evening, dropping to 0-2 overall while the Falcons moved to 2-0 on the young season.
- NKU dropped the opening doubles point, but saw success at the top of the lineup as Aleksander Sadal and Jorge Rodriguez Agudo bested Tadhg Collins and Pat Sklenka, 6-4.
- Blaine Carr recorded NKU’s point with a three-set win over Robert Baylon in No. 4 singles. Carr dropped the opening set, 6-3, but rallied back to take the match with a 6-4 win in the second and a 6-2 third set.
- Sadal had a competitive match atop the singles lineup with a pair of extended matches against Sklenka.
- Nathan Schwartz just missed out on taking the opening set against Luke Sanderson in the No. 2 singles spot, 7-6, and fell 6-3 in the second.
The Norse return to the court tomorrow against Northern Colorado at 1 p.m. MT/3 ET.
Air Force 6, NKU 1
1. Pat Sklenka (USAF) def. Aleksander Sadal (NKU) 7-5, 7-6
2. Luke Sanderson (USAF) def. Nathan Schwartz (NKU) 7-6, 6-3
3. Paul Hendrix (USAF) def. Jorge Rodriguez Agudo (NKU) 6-4, 6-2
4. Blaine Carr (NKU) def. Robert Baylon (USAF) 3-6, 6-4, 6-2
5. Tadhg Collins (USAF) def. Chris Murray (NKU) 6-2, 6-2
6. Isaac Perez (USAF) def. Felipe Hidalgo (NKU) 6-1, 6-0
1. Alexsander Sadal/Jorge Rodriguez Agudo (NKU) def. Tadhg Collins/Pat Sklenka (USAF) 6-4
2. Paul Hendrix/Jami Bautista (USAF) def. Nathan Schwartz/Blaine Carr (NKU) 6-1
3. Isaac Perez/Robert Baylon (USAF) def. Felipe Hidalgo/Chris Murray (NKU) 6-2
Assistant Athletic Communications Director
Northern Kentucky University