Northern Kentucky women’s basketball fell on the road to Green Bay, 70-42, dropping NKU to 7-15 on the season and 6-6 in Horizon League action. The Phoenix move to 14-7 overall and 9-2 in league play.
- Taylor Clos led the Norse in scoring with 10 points, including a pair of triples. Clos has made at least one 3-pointer in the past 10 contests.
- Kailey Coffey paced NKU on the boards with 10 rebounds, marking her fifth-straight double-digit rebounding effort.
- Taryn Taugher and Ally Niece each added seven points.
FIRST HALF SUMMARY
- The Norse and the Phoenix traded the lead for the first 20 points until Green Bay closed out the first quarter on an 8-0 run, leading 18-9 at the end of the period.
- NKU shot well in the opening half, connecting on 42.1 percent of its field goals, but 14 Norse turnovers were converted into 13 points for the Phoenix. Green Bay attempted 13 more shots in the half and connected well from long range, going 6-of-9 from beyond the arc.
- The Norse had held the advantage in rebounding until the end of the half and Green Bay slightly edged NKU in the statistic, 16-15. Coffey pulled down six rebounds to lead all players in the half. Green Bay also had eight offensive rebounds, which translated to 10 second-chance points.
SECOND HALF SUMMARY
- Green Bay maintained consistency, outscoring the Norse 15-9 in the third quarter and 16-7 in the fourth. However, the Phoenix turned to their post players as outside shots stopped falling with Green Bay going 0-for-7 from 3-point range in the half. The Phoenix posted 20 points in the paint and kept the Norse from scoring down low.
- NKU reduced its turnovers, but still committed nine miscues that were converted into 10 points for Green Bay.
- The Phoenix held a strong advantage on the boards, outrebounding NKU by nine.
- Green Bay moves to 9-1 in the all-time series against the Norse.
- The Phoenix outrebounded NKU 37-27 and posted a 36-8 advantage in the paint.
- NKU shot 33.3 percent from the field, while Green Bay connected at 42.9 percent.
- The Norse committed 23 turnovers, which were converted into 23 points for Green Bay.
- The Norse wrap up their road trip at Milwaukee on Saturday, Feb. 9. Tip-off against the Panthers is set for 2 p.m. CT/3 ET and the game will be broadcast on ESPN+.
Assistant Athletic Communications Director
Northern Kentucky University