The first day of competition in the Jackrabbit Invitational concluded with the Northern Kentucky women’s golf team in ninth-place.
· NKU used rounds of 317 and 326 over the course of the first day of play and sit ninth on the leaderboard
· The Norse are one stroke behind North Dakota, which posted a 642.
· UNLV sits at the top spot of the tournament, as three Runnin’ Rebels currently reside in the top-4 of the individual leaderboard. UNLV posted a 573 on the day.
· Lillian Young used steady play on the par-4 holes, playing them at 4-over, to card rounds of 76-78 to earn a share of 18th.
· Teammate Macy Wright had five birdies on the day, the sixth-most in the tournament, and played the par-3s (plus-1) and par-5s (minus-1) at a combined even par. Wright notched consecutive rounds of 78 and is tied for 23rd.
9. Northern Kentucky – 317-326-643
t18. Lillian Young – 76-78-154
t23. Macy Wright – 78-78-156
t41. Shelby Power – 79-83-162
t50. Erin Durstock – 82-86-168*
t44. Mimi Cheepborisut – 84-88-172
t28. Kylie Lysack – 90-87-177
The final round of the Jackrabbit Invitational will be played Tuesday, March 13th.
Assistant Athletic Director
Communications and Media Services
Northern Kentucky University