The Eastern Kentucky University baseball team will host Kentucky State University on Wednesday at Earle Combs Stadium.
The game will begin at 4 p.m.
INSIDE THE SERIES
– Eastern Kentucky leads the all-time series 19-9.
– The two teams have not met since 2009.
– EKU is 6-2 at home this season and 37-22 at Earle Combs Stadium since the reconstruction in 2017.
– Eastern Kentucky is 10-5 after sweeping a three-game set at home against Oakland University over the weekend.
– The Colonels have 49 stolen bases. That is third in the nation and 24 more than any other Ohio Valley Conference team.
– Will Johnson second in the nation in stolen bases (14), fourth in walks (21) and 23rd in home runs (5).
– Nick Howie is 23rd in the country in on-base percentage (.554) and 29th in walks (15).
– Aaron Ochsenbein is 10th in NCAA Division I baseball with nine appearances.
– Freshman Jacob Ferris will start on the mound for the Colonels. The right-hander is 1-1 with a 6.08 ERA. He has 14 strikeouts in 13 and one-third innings of work.
SCOUTING THE OPPONENT
– Kentucky State is 10-2-1 this season. The Thoroughbreds will play at Murray State on Tuesday night.
– KSU’s series at Oakland City over the weekend was cancelled. Kentucky State beat Asbury University on Monday, 13-8.
– Jay Poullard leads the team with a .500 batting average.
– Russell Sims has a .366 average and a team-best 16 RBIs. He was 2-for-3 with a walk, three runs and two RBIs as the leadoff hitter on Monday at Asbury.
Assistant Athletics Director for Communications & Branding