The University of Louisville’s Dominic McClinton and Aaron Johnson wrapped up the first day of competition in 14th and 15th place, respectively, in the decathlon at the Tennessee Relays on Thursday afternoon.
Through five events, McClinton has earned 3,474 points while Johnson has earned 3,442 points.
Both athletes earned the most points in the 100m. McClinton earned 870 points with a time of 10.96 while Johnson earned 854 points clocking in at 11.03.
Both athletes also posted top-10 finishes in the high jump. Johnson cleared 1.92m/06-03.50 for 731 points and McClinton jumped 1.89m/06-02.50 for 705 points.
The final five events will take place tomorrow beginning with the 110m hurdles at 2 p.m. Also tomorrow, the Louisville Invitational will open with the hammer throw at 2:30 p.m.
Tom Black Track | Knoxville, Tenn.
April 11, 2019
6. Dominic McClinton – 10.96
8. Aaron Johnson – 11.03
Long Jump (Decathlon)
11. Dominic McClinton – 6.62m/21-08.75
15. Aaron Johnson – 6.33m/20-09.25
Shot Put (Decathlon)
15. Aaron Johnson – 10.71m/35-01.75
17. Dominic McClinton – 10.25m/33-07.50
High Jump (Decathlon)
8. Aaron Johnson – 1.92m/06-03.50
9. Dominic McClinton – 1.89m/06-02.50
11. Dominic McClinton – 53.20
12. Aaron Johnson – 53.28
Total Points (Through 5 events)
14. Dominic McClinton – 3,474
15. Aaron Johnson – 3,442
Assistant Sports Information Director
University of Louisville