Northern Kentucky men’s golfer Logan Gamm fired five birdies in a 1-under par showing to help the Norse move up into 14th to close the Joe Feaganes Marshall Invitational.
· NKU shaved 15 strokes off Monday’s first round total, carding a 1-over par 285 to finish the rain-shortened, 36-hole event in 14th
· The Norse leapfrogged St. Francis (Pa.) using 15 total birdies throughout the day.
· Wichita State claimed the team title at 19-under par.
· Gamm used three birdies on the front nine to counter three bogeys, but a pair of back-nine birdies paved the way for a 1-under par round.
· Gamm, fellow-senior Jacob Poore and sophomore Jacob Vrolijk finished tied for 53rd at 4-over par.
· Poore and Vrolijk, who were tied after Monday’s round, carded identical 1-over par rounds again on Tuesday.
· Freshman Alex Doss added an even-par round to NKU’s scoring efforts.
14. Northern Kentucky – 300-285-585
t53. Jacob Poore – 74-72-146
t53. Jacob Vrolijk – 74-72-146
t53. Logan Gamm – 76-70-146
t65. Alex Doss – 76-71-147
t69. Ty DeBonis – 76-72-148
t82. Joseph Clark – 77-74-151*
* Competing as Individual
Northern Kentucky heads to the EKU Intercollegiate sponsored by Raising Cane’s Sept. 15-16 in Richmond, Kentucky, before hosting its own NKU Fall Classic at Elks Run Golf Course in Batavia, Ohio, Sept. 23-24.
Assistant Athletic Director
Communications and Media Services
Northern Kentucky University