The Northern Kentucky men’s golf team wrapped up the EKU Intercollegiate presented by Raising Cane’s with an 11th-place showing.
· Northern Kentucky was consistent across all three rounds of the tournament, carding scores of 293-291-291 for a final tally of 875.
· NKU played the par-3 holes at 14-over for the tournament, the fourth-best total among all schools.
· The Norse were also one of only three teams to register an eagle in the event.
· Eastern Michigan shot 838 for the tournament, taking home the team title.
· Logan Gamm was NKU’s top scoring, finishing tied for 13th after posting scores of 72-70-72. He led the field in scoring on the par-3 holes, playing them at 2-under for the tournament.
· Avery Green carded the best round of the tournament for the Norse. Thanks to one of only three eagles registered in the tournament and three birdies, Green shot an opening-round 68, the best round by a Norse so far this season. He went on to finish in a share of 17th.
· Alex Doss finished at 6-over for the tournament, including an even-par 70 in round two that featured five birdies.
· Jacob Poore shot 14 spots up the leaderboard on the final day. After opening with a 76 in the first round, Poore fired back-to-back 71s to close the tournament.
11. Northern Kentucky – 293-291-291-875
t13. Logan Gamm – 72-70-72-214
t17. Avery Green – 68-73-74-215
t23. Alex Doss – 72-70-74-216*
t29. Jacob Poore – 76-71-71-218
t40 Ty DeBonis – 72-73-75-220*
t76. Joseph Clark – 77-77-74-228
87. Jacob Vrolijk – 77-79-77-233
* Competing as Individual
The Norse return home for the NKU Fall Classic, which is held annually at Elks Run Golf Course in Batavia, Ohio, in honor of Andrew Jewell. The tournament is set for Sept. 23-24.
Assistant Athletic Director
Communications and Media Services
Northern Kentucky University