A second-straight round in the low 300’s helped the Northern Kentucky women’s golf team climb a spot on the leaderboard to finish its own NKU Fall Classic in share of 8th-place.
· NKU shot a 307 in the third and final round, marking the second-straight score below 310 for the Norse after carding a 306 in Monday’s second round.
· The Norse tied Morehead State with a 929 three-round total.
· Over the course of the tournament, NKU posted 17 birdies and 142 pars.
· Cincinnati ran away with the team title, finishing at 24-over for the event.
· Lillian Young paced the Norse in the final round, carding a 75 to finish tied for 18th. The 75 was the second-best round for the Norse in the tournament.
· Freshmen Caitlyn Tasney and Delaney Welsh added countable scores with a 76 and 77, respectively. Welsh finished 39th, while Tasney came in 49th.
· Macy Wright added a 79 to the fold, finishing tied for 25th.
t8. Northern Kentucky – 316-306-307-929
t18. Lillian Young – 77-77-75-229
t25. Macy Wright – 78-73-79-230
39. Delaney Welsh – 80-78-77-235
49. Caitlyn Tasney – 86-78-76-240
60. Kylie Lysack – 81-82-84-247
t61. Kelsey Wessels – 81-84-83-248*
t72. Amy Pugliano – 84-84-87-255*
t72. Erin Durstock – 89-83-83-255*
81. Kathryn Doss – 90-89-96-275*
The Norse head to the Morehead State Invitational Sept. 17-18, at the Greenbrier Golf and Country Club in Lexington, Kentucky.
Assistant Athletic Director
Communications and Media Services
Northern Kentucky University