Pouring rains soaked Guyan Golf and Country Club Monday morning, shortening the opening day of the Joe Feaganes Marshall Invitational to just 18 holes, with the Northern Kentucky men’s golf team checking in 15th.
· Northern Kentucky’s 16-over 300 put the Norse in 15th on the overall leaderboard.
· Wichita State leads the pack at 17-under.
· Just ahead of NKU is George Washington, which finished four strokes in front of the Norse on day one.
· The Norse were consistent, with Jacob Poore and Jacob Vrolijk leading the way courtesy of identical 74s.
· Logan Gamm, Alex Doss and Ty DeBonis carded matching 76s.
· Poore and Doss led the way with three birdies. Vrolijk and Gamm added two birdies apiece.
13. Northern Kentucky – 300
t66. Jacob Poore – 74
t66. Jacob Vrolijk – 74
t77. Logan Gamm – 76
t77. Alex Doss – 76
t77. Ty DeBonis – 76
t85. Joseph Clark – 77*
* Competing as Individual
The final round of the Joe Feaganes Marshall Invitational is slated for Tuesday morning, with an 8:30 shotgun start currently scheduled
Assistant Athletic Director
Communications and Media Services
Northern Kentucky University