The Thomas More women’s tennis team won the Franklin College Doubles Tournament today (Sunday, September 2, 2018) in Franklin, Indiana.
- The Saints finished with 11 points, Franklin had eight points; Oakland City University had four points and Earlham College had one point.
- Only counted the scores of the Top-4 lines of doubles for each match.
- Thomas More won 11 of the possible 12 points.
OAKLAND CITY MATCH:
- No. 1 team of junior Brooke Warden (Edgewood, Ky./Dixie Heights) and sophomore Hannah Lowman (Vine Grove, Ky./North Hardin) won 8-2.
- Senior Nicole Capodagli (Cincinnati, Ohio/McAuley) and first-year Alyssa Dowdell (Vine Grove, Ky./North Hardin) fell at No. 2 by the score of 9-8 (7-5).
- The No. 3 pair of sophomore Matison Perry (Union, Ky./Ryle) and junior Lacey Pohlman (Fort Thomas, Ky./Highlands) won 8-4.
- No. 4 team of senior Sarah Fellinger (North Bend, Ohio/Taylor) and first-year Kayla Snyder (Independence, Ky./Simon Kenton) won 8-5.
- Warden and Lowman won 8-3 at No. 1.
- Capodagli and Dowdell won 8-5 at No. 2.
- No. 3 team of Pohlman and Perry won 8-4
- No. 4 pair of Fellinger and Snyder won 8-6.
- No. 1 tandem of Warden and Lowman won 8-3
- No. 2 pair of Capodagli and Dowdell won 8-3
- Pohlman and Perry won 8-1 at No. 3
- Fellinger and Snyder won at No. 4 by the score of 8-1.
- No. 5 team of sophomore Jana Riffe (Fort Thomas, Ky./Highlands) and first-year Cameron McDonald (Fairfield, Ohio/Fairfield) won 8-2.
- Thomas More returns to action on September 7 when it hosts Transylvania University in its home opener at 4 p.m. at Notre Dame Academy in Park Hills, Kentucky.
Director of Athletic Communications and Compliance
Thomas More College