The University of Louisville field hockey team has moved up one spot to No. 7 in the Penn Monto/National Field Hockey Coaches Association (NFHCA) poll released on September 17.
About Louisville field hockey
The Cardinals (6-0) are coming off of a 2-1 win at No. 12 Ohio State on Sunday. With the win, they matched the record for the best start in program history.
Louisville in the NFHCA Rankings
• This marks the 67th straight week Louisville has appeared among the top 20 in the nation dating back to the 2013 season.
• Louisville appeared in the top 10 seven times in 2018 after debuting at No. 8 in the preseason poll, the highest preseason ranking in program history.
• In 2017 Louisville appeared in the top 10 six times, reaching as high as No. 7 on Oct. 17, 2017.
• On Oct. 7, 2014, Louisville appeared at No. 5 in the coaches’ poll marking the second top-five appearance in program history with Louisville achieving a program-best No. 4 ranking in the 2002 season.
• Eleven of the Cardinals’ 18 opponents are ranked among the top 25 in the current NFHCA poll. In addition to its six ACC opponents, UofL’s ranked opponents also include: No. 8 Iowa, No. 12 Ohio State, No. 16 Stanford, No. 23 Michigan State and No. 24 Penn State.
UofL will continue its six-game road stretch next weekend when the Cards open ACC play at No. 1 North Carolina Friday at 5 p.m.
|Lori Korte Harmon|
Assistant Sports Information Director
University of Louisville Athletics