The Thomas More University women’s soccer team fell, 2-0, tonight (Wednesday, September 18, 2019) to Indiana University East at the Centerville High School Field in Centerville, Indiana.
HOW THEY SCORED:
- The Red Wolves took a 1-0 lead with 8:37 to play in the first halfwhen Priscilla Carvajal scored unassisted.
- IU East closed the scoring with 12:11 to play in the match when Kara Barlow scored off an assist from Olivia Malott for the 2-0 final.
- Thomas More falls to 5-3, while IU East improves to 4-2.
- The Saints out-shot the Red Wolves 14-13, including 8-7 on goal.
- First-year Ryann Meddings (Fairfield, Ohio/Fairfield) led the Saints’ offense as she took three shots, all on-goal.
- First-year goalkeeper Skylin Yates (Dry Ridge, Ky./Simon Kenton) suffered the loss in goal as she played all 90 minutes and recorded five saves.
- Thomas More returns to the pitch on Saturday (September 21) when it hosts across-the-river rival Cincinnati Christian University at 7 p.m. at BB&T Field in Crestview Hills, Kentucky.
Assistant Athletic Director – Compliance and Communication
Thomas More University