The Northern Kentucky women’s golf team wrapped up its 2018-19 fall calendar at Evansville’s Charles Braun Intercollegiate, where the Norse dropped four spots and settled for a 6th-place showing.
· NKU trailed Southern Illinois by just one stroke following Monday’s competition, but a 331 on Tuesday dropped the Norse from second to sixth in the final standings.
· Horizon League-foe IUPUI took home the team title, but Northern Kentucky finished ahead of UIC (t- 8th) and Green Bay (10th).
· Macy Wright earned NKU’s top placement, tying for 11th after carding an 83 Tuesday.
· Lillian Young posted Northern Kentucky’s low round of the day with an 81.
· Delaney Welsh added an 82 to the team score, while both Caitlyn Tasney and Kylie Lysack shot 85.
· Though competing unattached, Erin Durstock matched Welsh’s 82.
6. Northern Kentucky –318-331-649
t11. Macy Wright – 77-83-160
t21. Lillian Young – 81-81-162
t24. Delaney Welsh – 81-82-163
t27. Caitlyn Tasney – 79-85-164
t50. Kylie Lysack – 85-85-170
t55. Erin Durstock – 90-82-172*
t72. Kathryn Doss – 93-92-185*
The Norse have a lengthy lay-off before heading back to the course competitively at the Motor City Cup Match Play, set to be held at Mission Inn & Resort in Howey-In-The-Hills, Florida, the same site as the Horizon League Championship.
Assistant Athletic Director
Communications and Media Services
Northern Kentucky University