The Northern Kentucky women’s golf team earned a 6th-place finish in the 11-team field at the Dayton Flyers Invitational as the two-round event concluded play Tuesday afternoon at NCR Country Club in Kettering, Ohio.
· NKU followed Monday’s 307 with a 317 in the final round, sliding one spot in the final standings to sixth overall.
· The 11-team field featured five Horizon League schools, including overall team champion Youngstown State. Oakland finished third, and IUPUI fifth, one shot ahead of the Norse. Detroit Mercy was eighth.
· Macy Wright posted her second-straight 77 to lead NKU in Tuesday’s round. She finished tied-22nd.
· Lillian Young, who was tied for second overall following Monday’s round, settled for a share of 12th after carding a 79.
· Kylie Lysack was also consistent, firing back-to-back 79s in the tournament.
· Caitlyn Tasney added the final countable score for the Norse with her 82.
5. Northern Kentucky – 307-317-624
t12. Lillian Young – 71-79-150
t22. Macy Wright – 77-77-154
t36. Kylie Lysack – 79-79-158
t44. Caitlyn Tasney – 80-82-162
t51. Erin Durstock – 85-79-164*
t65. Kelsey Wessels – 90-82-172*
70. Amy Pugliano – 89-85-174
Northern Kentucky’s fall slate concludes with Evansville’s Charles Braun Intercollegiate. The two-day tournament begins Monday, Oct. 22.
Assistant Athletic Director
Communications and Media Services
Northern Kentucky University