The Northern Kentucky men’s golf team wrapped up play in the Dayton Flyers Invitational in 12th-place as a team, while senior Jacob Poore carded yet another under-par round en route to his third-straight top-10 finish.
· NKU steadily improved round-by-round throughout the tournament, closing with a 296 after opening with rounds of 304 and 302.
· The Norse settled for 12th-place, finishing one stroke behind DePaul.
· Davidson claimed the team crown at a combined 9-over for the event.
· Jacob Poore finished tied-7th after posting a 2-under 69. It marks the third-straight top-10 for Poore, who tallied runner-up finishes in the Tom Tontimonia Invitational hosted by Cleveland State and the NKU Fall Classic in his last two outings.
· Five of Poore’s last nine rounds have been posted at par or better and his season scoring average dipped to 72.24.
· Alex Doss, Jacob Vrolijk and Logan Gamm added countable scores for NKU.
· Avery Green fired a 1-under par in the second round and earned a share of 23rd for the tournament.
12. Northern Kentucky – 304-302-296-902
t7. Jacob Poore – 73-72-69-214
t23. Avery Green – 76-70-75-221*
t45. Jacob Vrolijk – 75-75-75-225
t51. Ty DeBonis – 75-75-77-227*
69. Logan Gamm – 81-76-78-235
t71. Alex Doss – 85-79-74-238
t71. Brady Howell – 75-83-80-238
* Competing as Individual
The Norse stay within the Northern Kentucky/Greater Cincinnati region for their final fall tuneup, slated for Oct. 22-23 at the Xavier Invitational which is set to be held at Maketewah Country Club.
Assistant Athletic Director
Communications and Media Services
Northern Kentucky University