Sophomore Jacob Vrolijk closed out the fall campaign on a high note, securing the first top-10 finish of his career while guiding the Northern Kentucky men’s golf team to a third-place finish at Xavier’s Musketeers Classic.
· The Norse closed out the suspended second round with a 291 before ending the tournament with a 293.
· NKU was consistent throughout the tournament, as the team carded a 292 in the opening round.
· Ohio State won the team title at 1-under par and Ball State took second at 17-over, with the Norse seven shots back of the Cardinals.
· The Norse staved off a third-round challenge from Horizon League-rival Oakland and host Xavier, both of which finished one shot back of NKU.
· Vrolijk paved the way for the Norse across the first two rounds, shooting 1-over and 1-under, respectively. He closed a 4-over 75 to hold on to a share of 9th, marking his first collegiate top-10 finish.
· Jacob Poore’s even-par was the low round of Northern Kentucky’s third round. Poore finished tied for 14th.
· Logan Gamm and Avery Green concluded the event at 7-over. With the duo tying for 16th, each of the top three teams had its four best finishers in the top-16 of the tournament.
3. Northern Kentucky – 293-291-292-876
t9. Jacob Vrolijk – 72-70-75-217
t14. Jacob Poore – 74-74-71-219
t16. Logan Gamm – 73-73-74-220
t16. Avery Green – 74-74-72-220
t58. Alex Doss – 75-78-76-229*
62. Ty DeBonis – 77-76-78-231
t70. Brady Howell – 79-79-78-236*
t77. Joseph Clark – 79-74-85*
* Competing as Individual
An approximate three-month layoff awaits Northern Kentucky, as Mission Inn & Resort in Howey-In-The-Hills, Florida, the site of the Horizon League Championship, will play host to the Motor City Cup Match Play in early February.
Assistant Athletic Director
Communications and Media Services
Northern Kentucky University