Senior Macy Wright is tied for second on the individual leaderboard and has the Northern Kentucky women’s golf team one shot off the lead with the first of two rounds at Evansville’s Charles Braun Intercollegiate in the books.
· NKU fired an opening round 318 and trails Southern Illinois by just one stroke.
· Nipping on the heels of the Norse, however, is Horizon League-foe IUPUI, which is one shot back of NKU. Green Bay is in 8th and UIC is tied for 10th.
· Wright has rounded into form as she closes out the fall slate. She is one of six players in the field to card a 77 and is tied second. This marks the third-straight round of 77 for Wright after she posted the score in both rounds of the Dayton Flyers Invitational last week.
· Caitlyn Tasney added a 79 to the Norse cause and she sits tied for 12th.
· Matching 81s from Delaney Welsh and Lillian Young served as Northern Kentucky’s final two countable scores.
· The field is chasing IUPUI’s Marion DeBove, who carded a 2-under 70 on the day.
2. Northern Kentucky –318
t2. Macy Wright – 77
t12. Caitlyn Tasney – 79
t21. Lillian Young – 81
t21. Delaney Welsh – 81
t49. Kylie Lysack – 85
t66. Erin Durstock – 90*
t72. Kathryn Doss – 93*
Northern Kentucky’s fall slate closes Tuesday’s final round, slated to begin at 11 a.m.
Assistant Athletic Director
Communications and Media Services
Northern Kentucky University