The fifth-ranked Thomas More women’s basketball team defeated La Roche College, 95-39, today (Sunday, November 25, 2018) on the final day of the 17th Annual Julie Costello Memorial Classic – presented by Barleycorn’s at the Connor Convocation Center in Crestview Hills, Kentucky.
- Thomas More remains undefeated at 6-0 and La Roche falls to 1-4.
- The Saints out-rebounded the Redhawks, 43-8.
- Thomas More set the Julie Costello Memorial Classic record for field goal percentage (60.6) and field goals made (40).
- The Saints had a 32-0 advantage in fast break points, 62-20 in the paint, 41-11 off turnovers and 20-2 in second chance points.
- Senior guard Madison Temple (Cincinnati, Ohio/Anderson) scored 24 points, seven assists, five rebounds and two steals and was named the Jimmy John’s Player of the Game.
- Temple was named the tournament’s Most Valuable Player.
- Junior forward Emily Schultz (Melbourne, Ky./Bishop Brossart) was named to the All-Tournament Team and had 10 points, nine rebounds and four steals tonight.
- First-year guard Asyah Mitchell (Kenton County, Ky./Cooper) was named to the All-Tournament Team and finished tonight with 14 points.
- Senior forward Shelby Rupp (Milan, Ind./Batesville) tallied 17 points, pulled down seven rebounds and had three steals in the game.
- Sophomore guard Hayden White (Milford, Ohio/Milford) finished with eight rebounds.
- Thomas More returns to action next Saturday (December 1) when it travels to Whitewater, Wisconsin to play the University of Wisconsin-Whitewater at 4 p.m. Eastern/3 p.m. Central.
Assistant Athletic Director – Compliance and Communication
Thomas More University