In-state rivals Eastern Kentucky University and Murray State University will meet on the gridiron for the 76th time on Saturday when the Racers visit Roy Kidd Stadium in Richmond.
Kickoff is scheduled for 1 p.m. Saturday’s game will be a “Gray Out.” EKU fans are encouraged to join the Colonels, who will be unveiling new uniforms, by wearing gray. Saturday is also Faculty Staff Appreciation Day and Kid’s Day at Roy Kidd Stadium. EKU faculty and staff will receive FREE admission for themselves and one guest. Kids 12 and under will also receive FREE admission.
The live radio broadcast is available in the Richmond area on WCYO 100.7 FM, and can be heard worldwide on EKUSports.com. A live free video broadcast is available on OVCDigitalNetwork.com.
The Colonel Walk is scheduled for 10:45 a.m. through the main parking lot. EKU’s Touchdown Terrace with beer sales will open inside the stadium at 12 p.m.
The Colonels (2-6, 1-3 OVC) will look to get their offense going after back-to-back weeks of being held in check by the top two teams in the Ohio Valley Conference. EKU scored just 10 points combined in its last two games. Murray State has allowed the second most points (33.9 ppg) and the second most yards (481.1 ypg) in the OVC this season.
Despite giving up a lot of points and a lot of yards, other than No. 2 ranked Jacksonville State, the Racers are the hottest team in the league right now. MSU (3-5, 3-2 OVC) is riding a two game winning streak after beating No. 15 Eastern Illinois (40-38) and No. 25 Tennessee State (38-31) in back-to-back weeks.
Offensively, Murray State is last in the league in rushing (88.4 ypg) but leads the conference in passing at 310.4 yards per game. EKU is second in the OVC in passing yards at 264 per game.
Eastern Kentucky has registered 14 sacks in the last five games, including six at Tennessee Tech (Oct. 1). The Colonels are second in the conference and 36th in the nation with an average of 2.25 sacks per game. Murray State is eighth out of nine teams with 24 sacks allowed this season (3.00 per game).
Due to their fast-paced offenses, Murray State and Eastern Kentucky are eighth and ninth in the OVC in time of possession. If both teams play at the offensive tempo they’ve displayed so far this season, there could be a lot of yards and points on Saturday.
Eastern Kentucky leads the all-time series with Murray State, 45-26-4. The Colonels are 24-11-2 all-time in games played in Richmond. The first meeting came in 1929. EKU has won 10 of the last 11 meetings and 13 of the last 15. Eastern won 41-34 in double overtime last season in Murray. Two of the last three games in the series have gone to overtime.
Please note the important information below regarding parking, tailgating, street closures, the Touchdown Terrace and student seating.
The ticket booths at Roy Kidd Stadium will open at 11:30 a.m. Tickets are always available at EKUSports.com
• The Alumni Coliseum east side parking lot will close at 10 p.m. on Friday night before the game. Any cars remaining in the lot after that time are subject to tow. The lot will reopen for tailgating Saturday at 9 a.m.
• From two hours before the start of and 30 minutes after the conclusion of home football games, Roy and Sue Kidd Way will be closed to vehicle traffic from Van Hoose Drive to the Eastern Bypass.
• A reminder to Colonel Club members: an alternate route to the Colonel Club parking area is available by entering near Model School.
• Alternate parking areas include: Van Hoose Drive lot next to the stadium, as well as the Greg Adams Tennis Complex Lot, Ashland Lot and Perkins Lot, all located across the Bypass from Roy Kidd Stadium.
• Please use one parking space per car or truck.
• After each game, Kit Carson Drive will be closed to southbound traffic from the Park Drive intersection to the Van Hoose intersection. This closing will occur at the end of each game and will last normally for a period of thirty (30) to forty-five (45) minutes. However, the closing may occur earlier and last longer than anticipated depending on traffic conditions and the size of the crowd.
To ensure that you and all fans have a positive tailgating experience, we ask that you observe the following guidelines:
• All state and local laws must be observed.
• Responsible alcohol consumption will be allowed in designated locations in the Colonel Club and Alumni Parking lots for attendees age 21 or older only.
• For safety reasons, all beverages shall be consumed from plastic or paper cups and not in cans or bottles.
• Kegs are not permitted.
• Please clean up your tailgating area before going to the game or leaving the parking area.
• Please behave in an appropriate and responsible manner. Throwing objects or climbing on vehicles is not permitted.
Changes have been made to improve student seating during the reconstruction of Roy Kidd Stadium:
• Student seating is available in sections A and B. Students may also sit on the hill in the north end zone.
• Students can also sit in the 2nd level in sections AA through CC, FF through HH and AAA through GGG.
• Students will enter the stadium through Gate 1. They will need their school ID out and ready to be allowed admittance to the game. Students can purchase guest tickets for $13 at the Ticket Selling Booth at Gate 2.
EKU’s Touchdown Terrace with beer sales will be open for Saturday’s game. Please note the following information:
• Will open at 12 p.m.
• Located in the north end zone, will be open only to fans 21 years and older.
• Beer will only be available for purchase inside the Touchdown Terrace.
• Fans will be limited to one beer per transaction and will not be permitted to leave the enclosed area with their purchase.
• Cash and credit cards accepted
• All beer sales will end at the conclusion of the third quarter.
ADA Accessible Ticket Information
• The ADA accessible seating area at Roy Kidd Stadium is located on top of the hill in the end zone opposite the scoreboard.
• Patrons must purchase a General Admission ticket to watch the game from this area.
• Patrons are welcome to have a companion sit with them in the area. Folding chairs are provided for any guests that need them.
• The ADA accessible restrooms are located inside the Begley Building, behind section A under the ramp from the student entrance.
• ADA accessible parking is available in the Moberly Lot past the Stadium off Roy and Sue Kidd Way on the right from the Bypass.
— www.EKUSports.com —
Assistant Athletics Director for Communications & Branding