The University of Louisville men’s tennis team will return to action this week with a pair of matches at the Bass-Rudd Tennis Center Tuesday. The Cardinals play host to Austin Peay at 12 p.m. and Illinois State at 6 p.m. – admission is free.
“This doubleheader will be a challenge for us,” said UofL head coach Rex Ecarma. “Both teams are ambitious and will be motivated. We will need our entire roster tomorrow and I look forward to seeing everyone play.”
About Louisville: The Cardinals enter Tuesday’s doubleheader with a 4-3 record. Louisville has collected wins against Samford, Chicago State and Purdue with losses to then-No. 13 Northwestern, No. 1 Virginia and, most recently at Indiana.
• Freshman Parker Wynn leads the team with a 21-8 overall singles record and is 5-2 in dual matches playing mostly at Nos. 2 and 3.
• Christopher Morin-Kougoucheff holds down the No. 1 spot in singles and had tallied a 14-6 overall mark while going 3-1 in dual matches.
• Sophomore Brandon Lancaster (16-7) carries a 5-2 mark in dual matches playing mostly at Nos. 4 and 5.
• Senior Sean Donohue leads the Cards in doubles with a 16-3 overall record and has paired with Wynn for 10-1 record including a 4-1 tally as Louisville’s No. 1 doubles team.
• Head coach Rex Ecarma is in his 27th season at UofL and has compiled a 427-286 overall record.
Up Next: Following today’s doubleheader, the Cardinals will hit the road for an ACC matchup at Boston College on Sunday.
Cards against the opponents:
Series Record: Louisville leads 8-1
Last Meeting: April 6, 2005 – Louisville won 4-0 at the Bass-Rudd Tennis Center
Series Record: Louisville leads 5-1
Last Meeting: March 24, 2016 – Louisville won 5-2 at the Bass-Rudd Tennis Center
Assistant Sports Information Director
University of Louisville Athletics