Sophomore Jacob Poore sits in the top-10 following the first day of competition in the Invitational at Savannah Harbor and has the Northern Kentucky men’s golf team in a tie for eighth.
· NKU’s quintet of Poore, Cory Dulle, Matt Wetherill, Jackson Frame and Logan Gamm combined to card rounds of 302 and 298 on the day.
· NKU is tied with Fort Wayne for a share of eighth place, but are 15 shots back of seventh-place Ohio.
· The Norse are just ahead of Butler in 10th, but are 28 shots clear of a Valparaiso team that was picked ahead of them in the preseason poll just released.
· Poore followed his even-par opening round with a 1-under 71 in the second trip around The Club at Savannah Harbor. He is currently tied for eighth.
· Corey Dulle is four shots back thanks to rounds of 74-73.
T8. Northern Kentucky – 302-298
T8. Jacob Poore – 72-71
T28. Cory Dulle – 74-73
T59. Matt Wetherill – 79-77
T59. Jacob Jackson – 83-73
T63. Jackson Frame – 80-77
T66. Logan Gamm – 77-81
The final round of the tournament tees off Tuesday morning at The Club of Savannah Harbor. A shotgun start is slated for 8:15 a.m.
Join the Uprising!
Assistant Athletic Director
Communications and Media Services
Northern Kentucky University