Northern Kentucky’s women’s tennis fell to Atlantic Coast Conference opponent Louisville on Friday afternoon, as the Cardinals took every match for a 7-0 victory. With the loss, NKU dips to 3-4 while Louisville advances to 11-4.
· Louisville took the opening point with wins in all three doubles matchups. NKU’s No. 2 and 3 matches were the most competitive, with Katja Dijanezevic and Danielle Donahue, along with Sierra Nellessen and Yasmine Xantos, falling in 6-3 decisions.
· The Cardinals clinched their victory with wins in the No. 6, 4 and 3 singles spots with straight-set wins and a combined five games won by the Norse.
· The No. 1 and 2 singles matches were hard-fought setbacks, as Klara Skopac was the only player to take a set off the opposition. She took on Mariana Hamburg and won the opening set, 6-4, before falling 6-3 in the second. Humberg edged Skopac out in the deciding set, 10-7.
· Margita Sunjic pushed extra games in the first set of the No. 1 singles match against Aleksandra Mally, ultimately falling 7-5 to the Cardinal. Mally sealed her win with a 6-victory in the second set.
· NKU opens up the Horizon League slate for its next match, traveling to Milwaukee to take on the Panthers on Saturday, March 25 at 2 p.m.
For more information on NKU’s men’s and women’s tennis program, follow the team on Twitter @NKUNorseTennis or at facebook.com/nkunorsetennis.
Louisville 7, NKU 0
Singles (Order of Finish: 6,4,3*5,1,2)
1. Aleksandra Mally (LOU) def. Margita Sunjic (NKU) 7-5, 6-3
2. Mariana Humberg (LOU) def. Klara Skopac (NKU) 4-6, 6-3, 1-0(10-7)
3. Tiffany Huber (LOU) def. Katja Dijanezevic (NKU) 6-1, 6-0
4. Jessie Paul (LOU) def. Danielle Donahue (NKU) 6-1, 6-0
5. Ariana Rodriguez (LOU) def. Sydney Power (NKU) 6-0, 6-2
6. Olivia Boesing (LOU) def. Sierra Nellessen (NKU) 6-2, 6-1
Doubles (Order of Finish: 3,1*,2)
1. Elle Stokes/Mariana Humberg (LOU) def. Klara Skopac/Margita Sunjic (NKU) 6-1
2. Ariana Rodrigues/Aleksandra Mally (LOU) def. Katja Dijanezevic/Danielle Donahue (NKU) 6-3
3. Olivia Boesing/Tiffany Huber (LOU) def. Sierra Nellessen/Yasmine Xanots (NKU) 6-3
Join the Uprising!
Assistant Athletic Communications Director
Northern Kentucky University