Through the first two rounds of the 2017 Horizon League Men’s Golf Championship, Northern Kentucky sits eighth overall as a team after slipping two spots in the standings, but Matt Wetherill is vying for a top-5 finish as he sits in sixth-place.
· Northern Kentucky posted a 327 on Monday, dropping two spots into eighth-place.
· Youngstown State lies just six shots ahead of NKU in seventh.
· Matt Wetherill had a terrific round going through the first 14 holes, sitting at 1-under, but closed with a tough final four holes to card a 5-over 77. Wetherill is still within striking distance of a top-5 finish, sitting in a tie for sixth at 5-over for the tournament.
· Jacob Poore posted an 81 on Monday, notching a birdie on hole No. 13.
8. Northern Kentucky – 307-327-634
t6. Matt Wetherill – 72-77-149
17. Jacob Poore – 71-82-153
37. Jacob Jackson – 82-87-169
35. Jacob Brinker – 82-81-163
40. Cory Dulle – WD-WD
Northern Kentucky wraps up play in the Horizon League tournament on Tuesday morning, with team times starting at 7:30. Live stats are available via GolfStat.com.
Join the Uprising!
Assistant Athletic Director
Communications and Media Services
Northern Kentucky University