The Eastern Kentucky softball team is set for a midweek doubleheader against the Dayton Flyers on Wednesday. First pitch from UD Softball Stadium is scheduled for 3:00 p.m.
The Colonels split a Sunday doubleheader with first-place Eastern Illinois at Gertrude Hood Field in Richmond. After falling in game one 7-2, EKU (15-22, 4-5 OVC) won game two, 2-1.
Dayton comes into Wednesday’s matchup with a 19-17 overall record and a 7-4 mark in the Atlantic 10 Conference. The Flyers swept St. Bonaventure over the weekend and are on a four game win streak.
AT THE PLATE
– Rachel Minogue is leading EKU and is third in the Ohio Valley Conference at the dish with a .417 batting average. She also leads the league in doubles (13) and is fourth in the league in on-base percentage (.496). The Corona, California native is fifth in hits with 45.
– Freshman Mia Sanchez is eighth in the OVC in batting average (.370) and seventh in stolen bases (16).
– Johnkyria Alston shares the first place spot in doubles with Minogue (13) and is fifth in runs batted in with 32.
IN THE CIRCLE
– Freshman Mollie Paulick is leading the pitching staff with a 2.50 ERA. The Centerville, Ohio native has notched six wins so far this season and two saves (second in the league). She also sits at ninth in the conference in strikeouts (84).
– Gabrielle Snyder leads the Flyers at the plate with a .415 batting average. She has notched 12 doubles, three triples and one home run on the season.
– Manda Cash leads Dayton’s hurlers with a 2.42 ERA. She has tallied 136 strikeouts.
– EKU will travel to Nashville on Friday to face Tennessee State in a conference doubleheader beginning at 2:00 p.m. ET.
— www.EKUSports.com —
Associate Director of EKUSports Communications