The 2017-18 Northern Kentucky University women’s golf schedule announced by head coach Daryl Landrum features a spring break trip for two tournaments in the Las Vegas area and plenty of regional competition to prepare the Norse for a run at the Horizon League Championship.
· A three-team outing kicks off the season for NKU, as the Norse will take on UC and EKU on Sept. 5. The Bearcats are hosting the 36-hole event at Losantiville Country Club in Cincinnati.
· The first full tournament of the season is Northern Kentucky’s own NKU Fall Classic, held the following week.
· The Norse then head out for two-day events hosted by Ball State (Sep. 18-19) and Oakland (Sep. 25-26). This marks the fourth-straight year and fifth of the last six in which NKU has played in BSU’s Cardinal Classic, but is the first appearance in the Golden Grizzlies Invitational.
· Two October tournaments await Northern Kentucky, beginning with the Dayton Flyer Invitational on Oct. 16-17. The Braun Intercollegiate hosted by Evansville wraps up the fall slate on Oct. 23-24.
· A trip to Las Vegas over spring break opens play during the spring semester. First up for the Norse is the Battle at Boulder Creek on March 5-6, followed by South Dakota State’s Jackrabbit Invitational March 12-13.
· Two more events hosted by regional foes conclude the regular season for NKU. The Norse first head to Florida for Morehead State’s MSU Citrus Classic, held March 18-20 outside of Orlando. Northern Kentucky is then set to participate in the EKU Colonel Classic in Richmond, Kentucky, March 30-31.
· The Horizon League Championship, which will be held once again at Mission Inn Resort and Club in Howey-In-The-Hills, Florida, then awaits the Norse.
NKU Fall Classic
· The third-annual NKU Fall Classic is slated for Elks Run Golf Course in Batavia, Ohio.The 54-hole event will be contested across two days from Sept. 11-12.
· Currently, 14 teams are signed up for the tournament, making it the largest NKU Fall Classic in the last three years.
Assistant Athletic Director