The Eastern Kentucky soccer team will go head-to-head with the East Tennessee State University Buccaneers on Tuesday afternoon. Game time from EKU Soccer Field is scheduled for 5 p.m.
WHAT TO KNOW
– EKU (2-3-1) dropped its home opener, 2-0, to Gardner-Webb on Friday.
– The Colonels had won two straight before Friday’s loss, with road victories at IUPUI and Xavier.
– Senior Jordan Foster leads EKU with three goals on the season, while fellow senior Emmi Carroll has two goals and one assist.
– Senior goalkeeper Anna Hall and the Colonel defense have recorded two shutouts on the year.
SCOUTING THE OPPONENT
– East Tennessee State (2-4) is coming off a 3-1 loss to Virginia Tech last Thursday.
– Junior forward Eleonora Goldoni leads ETSU with five goals on the season. Junior midfielder Pauline Vienne is not that far behind with four.
– The Buccaneers are averaging almost 14 shots per game, with a .602 on goal percentage.
– This will be the second matchup between the Colonels and the Bucs. In 2015, ETSU captured the win at home to take the lead in the series.
– The Colonels will back at home Friday, September 15th to take on Austin Peay in their Ohio Valley Conference opener at 4 p.m.
— www.EKUSports.com —
Associate Director of EKUSports Communications