The Eastern Kentucky soccer team will travel to Illinois this weekend to take on the Eastern Illinois Panthers on Friday at 4 p.m. and the SIUE Cougars on Sunday at 2 p.m.
WHAT TO KNOW
– The Colonels (5-3-3, 2-0-2 OVC) are unbeaten in Ohio Valley Conference play and sit atop the conference standings with eight points.
– Junior Bailly Bounds scored her second goal of the season in the 36th minute to lift EKU past UT Martin, 1-0, on Friday at EKU Soccer Field.
– On Senior Day on Sunday, senior Jordan Foster scored the equalizing goal in the 82nd minute off an assist from freshman Jess Philpot to help Eastern battle back and tie Southeast Missouri 1-1.
– Senior goalkeeper Anna Hall recorded her third shutout of the season and 19th of her career against UT Martin. The Ross, Ohio native also made 12 saves and allowed just one goal in the Colonels’ pair of games last weekend.
SCOUTING THE OPPONENTS
– Eastern Illinois (5-6-1, 0-3 OVC) is coming off a 2-0 loss to Austin Peay.
– Kate Olson is the most complete player for the Panthers, scoring three goals and dishing out two assists on the year.
– EIU has a .532 shot on goal percentage, while scoring 1.33 goals per game.
– SIUE (4-5-1, 2-1 OVC) recently lost to Austin Peay, 2-1, but had won their previous two games against Belmont and Eastern Illinois.
– The defending OVC Tournament champions are led by MacKenzie Litzsinger, who has three goals and one assist on the year.
– SIUE averages 10.5 shots per game and a .476 on goal percentage.
The Colonels will be back in Richmond on Thursday, October 5, as they take on the Murray State Racers. First touch is scheduled for 4 p.m.
— www.EKUSports.com —
Associate Director of EKUSports Communications