Firing a 3-over par 75 in the final round lifted Northern Kentucky’s Lillian Young to the first top-5 finish of her career, while helping NKU to a 7th-place overall team finish at the Golden Grizzlies Invitational.
· Northern Kentucky kept pace with the majority of the leaders on Tuesday’s scoreboard, notching a team score of 314.
· NKU outshot Niagara, which finished one spot higher in the standings, by 14 strokes on the day. The Norse started the day in 7th and put pressure on Niagara, but the team’s round solidified its position.
· Young entered the day just inside the top-10 thanks to a 79 in the opening round, which was good enough to put her into a share of 9th-place. She fired a 75, the second-best score of the day to climb five spots into a three-way tie for fourth.
· Young notched three birdies Tuesday and four total for the event, the sixth best total. She also added 22 pars, which was tied for the fifth most.
· Mimi Cheepborisut matched Young’s 75 on Tuesday thanks to 16 pars in her round. The senior’s efforts catapulted her 18 spots up the individual leaderboard.
7. Northern Kentucky – 335-314-649
t4. Lillian Young – 79-75-154
t19. Kylie Lysack – 82-79-161
t23. Mimi Cheepborisut – 89-75-164
t36. Erin Durstock – 85-86-171
t43. Kelsey Wessels – 91-85-176
45. Amy Pugliano – 94-85-179*
47. Kathryn Doss – 98-95-193*
The Norse head to the course Oct. 16-17 at NCR Country Club in Dayton, Ohio, for the Dayton Flyers Invitational.
Assistant Athletic Director
Communications and Media Services
Northern Kentucky University