The Northern Kentucky men’s golf team is 16-over par through the first two rounds of the Joe Feaganes Marshall Invitational, while junior Jacob Poore resides inside the top-10 of the individual leaderboard.
· Northern Kentucky kicked off the day with a 295 and followed with a 289 the second time through the course.
· At 16-over par, the Norse sit in a tie for 12th-place.
· Dayton leads the event at 6-under par as a team. There are three teams under par through the first 36 holes, including Marshall and Eastern Kentucky.
· Poore paced Northern Kentucky through each of the first two rounds. A pair of birdies and trio of bogeys led to a 72 through the opening 18 holes. He followed with a 3-under in the second and now sits tied-eighth overall.
· Poore’s eight birdies are tied for the ninth-best total.
· Jackson Frame, Logan Gamm and Ty Debonis tallied countable scores in both rounds as well.
t12. Northern Kentucky – 295-289-584
t8. Jacob Poore – 72-68-140
t39. Jackson Frame – 72-74-146
t48. Logan Gamm – 75-72-147
t71. Ty Debonis – 76-75-151
t81. Joseph Clark – 79-76-155
83. Logan Griffin – 76- 80-156
The Norse are paired with Cleveland State and Villanova for the final round, which is slated to start at 8:00 a.m. ET on Tuesday, Sept. 4.
Assistant Athletic Director
Communications and Media Services
Northern Kentucky University