Freshman Lillian Young came firing out of the gates in her first collegiate tournament to help the Northern Kentucky women’s golf team to a fifth-place standing following the first 36 holes of the third-annual NKU Fall Classic at Elk’s Run Golf Course in Batavia, Ohio.
· The Norse were sitting in fourth-place following an opening round 310. The team followed with a 309, but slid one spot in the standings.
· Northern Kentucky was steady on the par-4s, playing them the third best at 4.40 strokes per hole. The team was equally as steady on the par-5 holes, ranking fourth (5.23).
· UNC Asheville tops the team leaderboard with a 606 two-round total. Dayton is one stroke back, while Austin Peay and Oakland are seven and eight strokes behind, respectively.
· NKU trails UNCA by 13 strokes, and lies 11 shots clear of Fort Wayne in sixth.
· Following the two rounds of golf on the day, Young finds herself in a share of second-place on the leaderboard, trailing Dayton’s Ellie Cronin by three shots.
· Young followed her opening round 73 with a 75 in round No. 2, with both scores coming in large part to taking care of business on the par-4 and par-5 holes, where she ranks 4th and t-11th in scoring, respectively.
· Kylie Lysack finds herself just outside the top-10, as the sophomore sits tied-13th at 10-over.
· Macy Wright was among NKU’s countable scorers. She is 23rd overall at 15-over.
5. Northern Kentucky – 310-309-619
2. Lillian Young – 73-75-148
t13. Kylie Lysack – 78-75-153
t21. Mimi Cheepborisut – 80-76-156*
t23. Macy Wright – 80-77-157
t42. Shelby Power – 79-82-161
T62. Kelsey Wessels – 84-84-168*
66. Erin Durstock – 85-85-170
t70. Amy Pugliano – 84-90-174*
80. Kathryn Doss – 99-84-183*
The final round of the NKU Fall Classic is set to begin Tuesday with an 8 a.m. shotgun start.
Assistant Athletic Director
Communications and Media Services
Northern Kentucky University