Despite seeing its streak of eight-consecutive matches shooting 300 or better come to end on the first day of the Cleveland State Invitational, the Northern Kentucky men’s golf team sits in sixth-place at the event and is knocking on the door of the top-four.
· NKU carded rounds of 304-303, just missing the 300-plateau by mere strokes and ending a stretch of eight-straight rounds at 300 or better.
· The Norse sit in sixth-place overall at 31-over, one shot behind Wright State and St. Francis (Pa.) which are tied for fourth.
· Appalachian State paces the field at 10-over. NKU’s Horizon League foes Oakland (14-over) and Cleveland State (19-over) are in second and third, respectively.
· Norse freshman Ty Debonis led the team on Monday, posting rounds of 74-74. He sits in a three-way tie for ninth.
· Jacob Poore is one shot back of Debonis after using rounds of 76-73 to earn a share of 12th.
· Logan Gamm is tied-23rd thanks to 2-over par in the second round.
· Appalachian State’s Tripp Summerlin leads the field at 3-under par.
6. Northern Kentucky – 297-298-294-889
t9. Ty Debonis – 74-74-148
t12. Jacob Poore – 76-73-149
t23. Logan Gamm – 78-74-152
t43. Jackson Frame – 76-82-156
t52. Joseph Clark – 78-86-164*
59. Jacob Vrolijk – 88-83-171
Northern Kentucky will tee it up against its two closest competitors on the leaderboard, Wright State and St. Francis (Pa.), with a shotgun start set for 9:30 a.m., Tuesday.
Assistant Athletic Director
Communications and Media Services
Northern Kentucky University