In the final event of the fall season, the Northern Kentucky men’s golf team notched a ninth-place finish at the MTSU Intercollegiate in the 36-hole tournament held Monday at Old Fort Golf Club in Murfreesboro, Tennessee.
· The Norse were slow to get warmed up in the opening round and posted a 315.
· However, NKU responded with a 302 in the final round, climbing out of the cellar and into 9th-place.
· Middle Tennessee won the event with rounds of 295-291.
· Jackson Frame posted the team’s best score in round one with a 4-over 76. He followed with a 79 in the second round and finished tied for 39th.
· Jacob Poore also had a slow start, opening with an 83. However, the junior rebounded with a 2-under 70 to climb 32 spots into a tie for 31st, NKU’s top finish.
· Logan Gamm, Ty Debonis and Jacob Vrolijk added countable scores after the first 18 holes, while Debonis and Vrolijk joined Poore and Frame in the second round.
9. Northern Kentucky – 315-302-617
t31. Jacob Poore – 83-70-153
t39. Jackson Frame– 76-79-155
t39. Ty Debonis– 80-75-155
54. Jacob Vrolijk – 80-78-158
t59. Logan Gamm – 79-80-159
t61. Jacob Jackson – 77-83-160*
* Competed unattached.
Northern Kentucky will next take to the course in mid-February when it travels to Savannah, Georgia, for The Invitational at Savannah Harbor.
Assistant Athletic Director
Communications and Media Services
Northern Kentucky University