A final round 77 left Northern Kentucky women’s golfer Mimi Cheepborisut one stroke away from earning a top-10 finish at the Dayton Flyers Invitational. The senior led NKU to an eighth-place finish in the 15-team field.
· Northern Kentucky followed Monday’s 305 with a 315 in the final round. The Norse slid to eighth on the leaderboard
· Eight must have been the magic number of the day, as NKU finished eight shots back of Dayton in 7th and eight strokes ahead of Central Michigan in 9th.
· Findlay claimed the team title by one stroke over Western Illinois.
· Cheepborisut was one of eight golfers who entered Tuesday tied for second, but the senior carded 7-over 77 and slid to 11th on the final leaderboard.
· Lillian Young posted a 77 as well and finished t-30th.
· Shelby Power and Kylie Lysack posted the final two counting scores for the Norse with an 80 and 81, respectively.
8. Northern Kentucky – 305-315-620
t11. Mimi Cheepborisut – 72-77-149
t30. Lillian Young – 78-77-155
38. Macy Wright – 74-84-156
t46. Kylie Lysack – 81-81-162
t49. Shelby Power – 83-80-163
t69. Erin Durstock – 81-88-169*
NKU heads to the Braun Intercollegiate Oct. 23-24, which is hosted by Evansville at the Oak Meadow Country Club in Evansville, Indiana.
Assistant Athletic Director
Communications and Media Services