Cool and wet conditions in the rain-shortened Charles Braun Intercollegiate proved to be merely a blip on the radar screen for Northern Kentucky women’s golfer Lillian Young, who collected the first top-5 of her career after finishing runner-up in the tournament on Tuesday.
· Led by Young, the Norse finished fifth in the team standings with a 319 total.
· Horizon League newcomer IUPUI finished just three shots ahead of the Norse in 4th-place.
· Excluding NKU’s four-team opening event, this marks the team’s best finish of the year.
· Butler took home the team title after carding a 311.
· Young collected a second top-10 in NKU’s six-event fall schedule. The freshman has placed in the top-15 four times this year.
· Shelby Power joined Young in the top-10, tying for 8th with a 78.
· Macy Wright carded an 82 and finished t-28, while both Mimi Cheepborisut and Kylie Lysack tied in 37th with matching 83s.
5. Northern Kentucky – 319
t2. Lillian Young – 74
t8. Shelby Power – 78
t28. Macy Wright – 82
t37. Kylie Lysack – 83
t37. Mimi Cheepborisut – 83
t70. Amy Pugliano – 90*
Fall action for the Norse wrapped up with the conclusion of the Charles Braun Intercollegiate. NKU turns its attention to the championship season in the spring, opening with a trip to Nevada for the Battle at Boulder Creek, March 5-6.
Assistant Athletic Director
Communications and Media Services
Northern Kentucky University