After two straight road games, the Eastern Kentucky University football team returns to the friendly confines of Roy Kidd Stadium to host Austin Peay State University on Saturday.
This will be Eastern Kentucky’s Military Appreciation Game. Any current or former military personnel with proper identification will receive two FREE tickets and admission for additional guests for $7 each.
Kickoff is scheduled for 1 p.m. The live radio broadcast of the game is available in the Richmond area on WCYO 100.7 FM, and can be heard worldwide on EKUSports.com. A live free video broadcast is available on OVCDigitalNetwork.com.
INSIDE THE SERIES
– The Colonels lead the all-time series 44-5 and are 23-2 against Austin Peay in Richmond. The two teams first met on Oct. 23, 1959, a 21-7 EKU victory. Eastern has won 28 of the last 30 against APSU.
– Eastern Kentucky won 67-30 last season in Clarksville, tying the program record for points in a game set against Morehead State in 1925. EKU has won the last five meetings by an average score of 46-12 (232-60).
– Daryl McCleskey ran for 109 yards on 11 carries and scored three touchdowns in last year’s game. Ralph Patton rumbled for 61 yards on seven carries. As a team, EKU rushed for 346 yards and scored six touchdowns on the ground.
– Eastern Kentucky (3-6, 3-4 OVC) has won two of its last three games
– The Colonels nearly had a three-game winning streak, taking a seven-point lead at Eastern Illinois with 32 seconds left in the game. However, EIU scored the tying touchdown and extra-point with 1.9 seconds left on the clock and then won in overtime.
– It has been an impressive three weeks for sophomore McCleskey (351 rushing yards, three touchdowns). He scored a touchdown and ran for what was then a career-best 137 yards against UT Martin. The next week he finished with a new career-high 144 rushing yards at Murray State, becoming the first Colonel to rush for 100 yards in back-to-back games since Dy’Shawn Mobley did it four games in a row in 2014. At Eastern Illinois (Nov. 4), McCleskey scored two touchdowns and ran for 70 yards.
– In two of its last three games, EKU has held its opponents to less than 100 yards rushing and less than 300 yards of total offense. Eastern gave up 38 rushing yards and 254 total yards to UT Martin, and 63 rushing yards and 273 total yards to Murray State. The Colonels nearly made it three games in a row. Eastern Illinois finished with 109 rushing yards and 322 yards of offense in an overtime game.
– While the defense has registered 19 sacks, the EKU offensive line and quarterbacks have only allowed seven in nine games. That is second the conference and is the 11th fewest sacks allowed in the nation.
SCOUTING THE OPPONENT
– Austin Peay has won three straight conference games and comes to Richmond with a 6-4 record, including a 5-1 mark in league games.
– The Governors last four OVC wins have come by an average margin of 6.25 points.
– APSU’s offense is powered by one of the best running games in the nation. The Governors are first in the OVC and seventh in FCS with 254 yards per game on the ground. Austin Peay has scored 26 rushing touchdowns this season. APSU averages 126 passing yards per game.
– The Governors have turned the ball over 17 times this year, two more than their opponents have given it away.
– Austin Peay has only allowed seven sacks in 10 games.
– Four Governors have 340 or more rushing yards this season and all four average 5.2 yards per carry or more. Kentel Williams leads the team with 602 yards. Ahmaad Tanner has 512 yards. JaVaughn Craig has 374 yards and six touchdowns. Quarterback Jeremiah Oastsvall has 340 yards.
DOWN THE ROAD
– The season ends for the Colonels on Saturday, Nov. 18 with a non-conference game against Saint Francis University at 1 p.m.
The ticket booths at Roy Kidd Stadium will open at 11:30 a.m. Tickets are always available at online.
EKU Football Parking Information
Whether you are a proud member of the EKU Athletics family or a fan of the opposition, we strive to provide you an enjoyable experience during your visit to Eastern Kentucky University. The following parking and tailgating regulations below are intended to ensure your safety and comfort. Please keep sidewalks and driveways clear of obstructions, respect our campus grounds and please follow the directives of our parking attendants and game day staff.
EKU Football Parking Lot Locations
• There are numerous and convenient parking options for all fans on game day at Roy Kidd Stadium.
• Colonel Club Lot – Located in the Alumni Coliseum Lower and Upper lots across the street from Roy Kidd Stadium, Colonel Club season ticket members have exclusive access to both of these lots with their valid Colonel Club parking pass.
Parking is on a first come, first serve basis and is limited to one (1) parking space. Additional parking spaces cannot be saved. Parking passes must be displayed in vehicles at all times. Colonel Club members who wish to tailgate in the Lower AC lot are restricted to the area around their vehicle and must not infringe upon adjacent parking spaces, block driveways or impede traffic. Colonel Club members who wish to tailgate and require more space than allowed in the Lower AC lot are encouraged to access the Upper AC lot or additional parking passes may be purchased for $125.00.
The Upper and Lower AC lots will open for unloading the Friday before game day from 6:00 – 9:00 p.m. Both lots will open on game day six (6) hours prior to kickoff.
• Bluegrass RV Zone – New for the 2017 season, EKU is proud to announce the addition of the Bluegrass RV Zone, designed to provide EKU football fans a unique and unforgettable tailgating experience. Located in the Lower AC lot and steps away from Roy Kidd Stadium, the Bluegrass RV Zone is available for both single game and full season passes. Single game passes start at $50 per game, which include two (2) general admission tickets for the game. Full season passes are available for $200 and includes two (2) general admission tickets for each home game. The Bluegrass RV Zone will open at 6:00 p.m. the Friday before game day and will close at 3:00 p.m. the Sunday following game day. Reservations for the Bluegrass RV Zone are required at least three (3) days in advance and your space may be reserved by calling (859) 622-2046.
• EKU Student & Greek Life Parking and Tailgating – New for the 2017 season, EKU Student and Greek Life Parking will be located at the Fitness and Wellness Center Parking Lot. The EKU Student and Greek Life Parking Lot will open on game day six (6) hours prior to kickoff.
• General Parking – EKU provides general parking free of charge for the following parking lots located on campus, Brockton, Hanlon, Dizney, Commonwealth, Alumni Coliseum back lots or in parking lots across the EKU bypass. All general parking lots will open on game day six (6) hours prior to kickoff.
• Media Parking – Credentialed media members should park at the Greg Adams Tennis Center parking lot located across the EKU bypass.
EKU Football Parking Regulations
• Parking is permitted only in designated spaces. Parking on islands, medians or berms is prohibited.
• Parking spaces are available on a first come, first serve basis and cannot be saved.
• Tailgating is only allowed in areas where the flow of traffic is not obstructed.
• No sale of food, beverages or novelties are permissible without proper permit.
• No open flames other than gas grills.
• Waste food items and trash must be disposed of in appropriate containers, which are provided throughout the grounds.
• No personal motorized carts are allowed.
• Only small weighted (12’x12’ maximum) tents may be used, no staking is allowed.
• Music should be confined to your tailgate area.
• Protect your belongings, EKU will not assume responsibility for lost or stolen items.
ATTEND THE GAME – While we encourage the fun and comradery that tailgating produces, please be cognizant that a football game is being played at Roy Kidd Stadium. Our student-athletes need you in the stands! Please show respect for our EKU student-athletes by attending the game.
For additional information or questions, please call (859) 622-2122.
Changes have been made to improve student seating during the reconstruction of Roy Kidd Stadium:
• Student seating will now be in sections J, K, L. Students may also sit on the hill in the north end zone.
• Students can enter the stadium through Gate 1 or Gate 6. Students need their official school ID out and ready to be allowed admittance to the game.
EKU’s Touchdown Terrace with beer sales will be open for Saturday’s game. Please note the following information:
• Will open at 12 p.m.
• Located in the north end zone, will be open only to fans 21 years and older.
• Beer will only be available for purchase inside the Touchdown Terrace.
• Fans will be limited to one beer per transaction and will not be permitted to leave the enclosed area with their purchase.
• Cash and credit cards accepted
• All beer sales will end at the conclusion of the third quarter.
ADA Accessible Ticket Information
• The ADA accessible seating area at Roy Kidd Stadium in Section J, N, and R of the east side of the stadium.
• Patrons must purchase a General Admission ticket to watch the game from this area.
• Patrons are welcome to have a companion sit with them in the area. Folding chairs are provided for any guests that need them.
• The ADA accessible restrooms are located on the concourse of the east side of the stadium. The Moberly building also provides accessible restrooms.
• ADA accessible parking is available in the Moberly Lot past the Stadium off Roy and Sue Kidd Way on the right from the Bypass.
The main accessible gate (Moberly Gate) is between the Moberly building and the Fitness & Wellness Center.
— www.EKUSports.com —
Assistant Athletics Director for Communications & Branding