The Eastern Kentucky University women’s basketball team looks to get back on track with a home matchup against the Kent State Golden Flashes on Tuesday. Game time is scheduled for 7 p.m. ET.
WHAT TO KNOW
– The Colonels (2-4, 0-0 OVC) fell to Ohio, 69-57, last Tuesday. The Colonels cut a 13-point deficit to six late in the fourth quarter, but their comeback fell short.
– Abby Wright scored a career-high 20 points on 9-of-14 shooting against Ohio, besting her previous high by one point. She also played a career-high 38 minutes.
– After scoring a career-high 22 points against Cincinnati, Bria Bass followed that performance with a 16 point outing against Ohio. She also came away with a career-high two steals.
– Reigning OVC Co-Newcomer of the Week A’Queen Hayes currently ranks 10th in the conference in scoring (14.3 ppg) and seventh in assists (4.0). The Ole Miss transfer has scored in double-figures every game this season.
SCOUTING THE OPPONENT
– Kent State (5-3, 0-0 MAC) defeated Detroit Mercy, 82-74, in its first home game this past Thursday.
– Jordan Korinek leads the Golden Flashes in scoring, posting 20.8 points a contest on 59 percent shooting.
– Kent State is averaging 65 points per contest, but giving up 65.4. Opponents are forcing Kent State into 16.3 turnovers per game, 9.1 of those being steals.
– The Colonels will hit the road to take on George Mason on Dec. 9. Game time is scheduled for 1 p.m. ET.
— www.EKUSports.com —
Assistant Athletics Director for Communications & Branding