The Eastern Kentucky University women’s basketball team will travel to take on Jacksonville State on Thursday at 6:30 p.m. ET, and Tennessee Tech on Saturday at 4 p.m. ET.
WHAT TO KNOW
– The Colonels (3-6, 0-0 OVC) are coming off a 69-45 home victory over Ohio Christian on Dec. 18 at McBrayer Arena.
– Four Colonels scored in double-figures, marking the second time the feat has been accomplished this season, with the last coming on Nov. 15 against Western Carolina.
– Shay Solomon scored a career-high 15 points on an efficient 7-of-11 from the field in the win against Ohio Christian.
– EKU was dominant inside against the Trailblazers, outscoring Ohio Christian 38-8 inside the paint. The Colonels also forced OCU into 21 percent shooting from the field.
SCOUTING THE OPPONENTS
– Jacksonville State (6-5, 0-0) OVC) lost to Georgia State, 55-41, on Dec. 16.
– Jacksonville State has a balanced scoring attack, but is led in scoring by Rayven Pearson, who averages 10 points per game. Gretchen Morrison is not far behind, averaging 9.5 points per contest.
– Coming into the contest, the Gamecocks rank third nationally in three-point field goal percentage defense, holding foes to just 23 percent from behind the arc.
– Tennessee Tech (3-8, 0-0 OVC) recently fell to Lipscomb, 61-57 on Dec. 21
– Kesha Brady and Yatavia Hickson lead the Golden Eagles with 11.5 and 11.1 points respectively.
– The Colonels will be back at home to take on the Southern Illinois Edwardsville on Jan. 4. Game time is scheduled for 5:30 p.m. ET.
— www.EKUSports.com —
Assistant Athletics Director for Communications & Branding