The Eastern Kentucky University men’s basketball team will be seeking its third straight OVC win when the Colonels host Tennessee Tech on Thursday night. Tipoff from McBrayer Arena is scheduled for 8 p.m. ET.
The game will air live in eastern Kentucky on WYMT’s Heroes & Icons channel (57.2).
A live free video broadcast is available worldwide on OVCDigitalNetwork.com. The live radio broadcast of the game is available in the Richmond area on 100.7 FM.
WHAT TO KNOW
– EKU (8-11, 2-4 OVC) picked up two big road wins last weekend, defeating UT Martin, 78-70, on Thursday and Southeast Missouri, 91-86, on Saturday.
– Junior Jackson Davis (18) and sophomore Dujuanta Weaver (15) both scored career highs to lead EKU over SEMO on Saturday.
– DeAndre Dishman scored 11 of EKU’s final 22 points to will EKU to victory down the stretch at SEMO.
– Dedric Boyd was voted the OVC Freshman of the Week on Monday. He averaged 20.0 points, 3.0 rebounds, 3.0 assists and 2.5 steals-per-game in the Colonels’ two road victories.
– EKU shot a season-best 95.5 percent (21-of-22) from the free throw line in the win over SEMO. The Colonels now rank second in the OVC in free throw percentage (75.8).
– EKU drained a season-high 12 three-pointers in the win over Southeast Missouri on Saturday.
– Freshman A.J. Youngman connected on two three-pointers at SEMO and now ranks third in the OVC in three-point field goal percentage (43.8).
– EKU has now won the turnover battle in its last nine games, and the Colonels have risen to fourth in the OVC in the turnover margin (+1.0).
SCOUTING THE OPPONENT
– Tennessee Tech (12-7, 4-2 OVC) split last weekend, defeating Austin Peay, 86-74, on Thursday before falling to Murray State, 71-45, on Saturday.
– Curtis Phillips and Aleksa Jugovic both average 14.0 points-per-game for the Golden Eagles.
– This is the 136th all-time meeting between EKU and Tennessee Tech. The Colonels lead the series, 74-61; however, the Golden Eagles won earlier this season in Cookeville, 77-69.
EKU returns to action on Saturday to host Jacksonville State at McBrayer Arena at 7 p.m. ET.
— www.EKUSports.com —
Associate Director of EKUSports Communications