The Eastern Kentucky University men’s basketball team will stay on the road to face Southeast Missouri on Saturday. Tipoff from the Show-Me Center is scheduled for 5:15 p.m. ET.
WHAT TO KNOW
– EKU (7-11, 1-4 OVC) defeated UT Martin, 78-70, on Thursday night at the Elam Center in Martin.
– Freshman Dedric Boyd poured in a career-high 31 points in the win at UT Martin. He was 9-of-12 from the field, 5-of-8 from deep and 8-of-8 from the line. His 31 points are the most by a Colonel this season, and third most by any OVC player during league play.
– Junior Nick Mayo – EKU’s leading scorer – had only two points in Thursday’s win. However, he grabbed a team-best 11 rebounds and dished out a season-high six assists.
– Senior Dillon Avare connected on 4-of-6 three-pointers to match his season-high with 12 points against UT Martin. Avare now ranks seventh in the OVC in three-point field goal percentage (42.4%).
– Junior Jackson Davis just missed a season high with 16 points in the win over UT Martin. He added seven rebounds.
– EKU drained a season-high 11 three-pointers at UTM.
SCOUTING THE OPPONENT
– Southeast Missouri (8-10, 2-3 OVC) edged Morehead State, 78-75, on Thursday in Cape Girardeau.
– Denzel Mahoney paces the Redhawks at 19.1 points-per-game.
– This is the 50th all-time meeting between EKU and Southeast Missouri. EKU leads the series, 29-20. The Colonels had won six straight over the Redhawks until SEMO defeated Eastern, 81-49, last season on New Year’s Eve.
EKU returns home to host Tennessee Tech and Jacksonville State at McBrayer Arena next weekend.
— www.EKUSports.com —
Associate Director of EKUSports Communications